Texas Computer Forensics
The estimated population of Texas is over 23,904,400 with a workforce of approximately 11,492,400 . Texas is 2nd largest state in terms of population. In places like Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio, the demand for educated and trained Texas computer forensics professionals continues to increase.
Texas’s major industries include steel, petroleum, farming, and insurance. But one newer field that is continuing to grow in the Lone Star State is computer forensics. As with the rest of the country, the demand continues in Texas for the computer forensics field.
Texas Computer Forensics Schools & Degrees
There are both campus-based and online computer forensics degree programs available in Texas.
|Fairleigh Dickinson University||MS in Cybersecurity and Information Systems|
|Saint Mary's University of Minnesota||Online MS in Cybersecurity|
|Utica College||MS in Cybersecurity|
Computer Forensics Rules, Regulations, & Certification in Texas
When it comes to standard operating procedure in computer forensics, every state has its own laws and procedures. Texas adopted its own version of rules of civil procedure and does not follow the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure*.
Texas Computer Forensics Salaries
In Texas, individuals in the computer forensics field make far greater money than the average pay across all professions in the state. According to the United States Department of Labor, Texas has an average state salary of $36,410 across all professions*. Computer forensics professions make double that figure at $72,000 a year**. Of course, as with any profession, the pay for computer forensics varies by the specific city you practice in. Traditionally, larger cities tend to pay better salaries than smaller, more rural areas. For instance, the salary in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Austin, and Houston are significantly higher than those in Corpus Christi, College Station and El Paso**.
Specific breakdown of Computer Forensic Salaries in Texas:
- Average salary for a computer forensic examiner in the state of Texas: $64,000-$72,000**
- Average computer forensic salary in Amarillo, Texas: $61,000-$68,000**
- Average computer forensic salary in Austin, Texas: $66,000-$74,000**
- Average computer forensic salary in College Station, Texas: $52,000-$58,000**
- Average computer forensic salary in Corpus Christi, Texas: $49,000-$55,000**
- Average computer forensic salary in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas: $68,000-$76,000**
- Average computer forensic salary in El Paso, Texas: $54,000-$60,000**
- Average computer forensic salary in Galveston, Texas: $56,000-$62,000**
- Average computer forensic salary in Houston, Texas: $67,000-$75,000**
- Average computer forensic salary in San Antonio, Texas: $58,000-$65,000**